Sunday, June 20, 2010

Feeding Josh.

So, this is what it is really all about. How do we satisfy the gastronomic needs of the middle Eikenberry boy.

Well, I am happy to coordinate the food schedule if no one else would like to. I love food. I love to organize. Ergo, I love to organize food.

One suggestion from the matriarch for meals out was that one day the women go to lunch, while the men tend the children, and another day it flips. She also thought a dinner out with the brothers and significant others while the grandparents stay with grandchildren would be possible.

What are your suggestions? What would you want to be sure we eat (shrimp and newspaper? eating the newspaper optional) Torin made a fabulous bouillabaise that would be even more fabulous on the beach.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Feeding Josh is easy. He eats any(every)thing. And if you're too full to finish, and he's too full, he'll STILL take one for the team to prevent waste. He is a generous dinner companion!

Thank you Carrie, for taking the food plan reins! I'll need to ponder, but off the top of my gullet - I know it's too bloody hot to think about chili today, but I am always up for a vat of the Eikenberry blend. Might be a nice, cozy meal for one night with the ghost crabs!

Being the sole attendee of the veggie persuasion, I will be bringing plenty of veg-options so there is no need to veggify anything. Veg-to-share, of course!

Brooke said...

Coffee may not be a food per say...but man, you guys don't want me around without a coffee maker and decent roast. Do we know if this place has a coffee maker there, or should we bring one?

Josh said...

As the eponymous middle Eikenberry boy, I feel compelled to weigh in here. Saro, as usual, is absolutely correct. I will eat any(every)thing put in front of me with gusto and much appreciation.

That said, I think it's such a tradition that we have to do the shrimp one day--especially now we have little ones around who can get melted butter and Italian dressing everywhere!~

I think in the past, simple lunches involving lots of bread and other sandwich fixins have done well due to simplicity and flexibility. Also in the past, we have often done some assignments of meals for specific couples. This might be a good way for us to plan ahead and give us all an opportunity to make something we like and think all would enjoy. However, if people have specific dislikes, that would be good to know in advance.

Of course, to reiterate, I am totally fine with anything (as long as I can eat SOMEthing). Flexibility is my middle name and "Go with the flow" is my motto!